Welcome to Burton-in-Lonsdale nestling on the edge of the
Yorkshire Dales, England. Burton has been called both "the first and last
village in Yorkshire", tucked into the hillside above the River Greta,
and at the cusp of the county boundaries of both Lancashire and Cumbria.
Between 1670 and 1944 Burton was home
to a total of 13 potteries and known locally as 'Black Burton' due to the
smoke from the kilns.
Today the village is home to over 630
residents and holiday makers.
AND CAKES 21st SEPTEMBER PEFORMANCES BY MUSICIANS FROM ROYAL NORTHERN COLLEGE OF
MUSIC AT BURTON CHURCH
Widget is provided by the Met